1) Fuchsia Lip – When I think of a fuchsia lip, I automatically think of Taylor Swift. Her lips are always accentuated in some type of color. She’s been quoted saying it is her favorite feature to “brighten.” If you don’t like crazy lip colors, try some of my favorites below.
2) Shirts with flair (my favorite kind!) – This means ruffles, frills, lace, and bow ties. I love all these little accents. They just add something to a simple basic tee, making it look a little more feminine and chic. The top below a piece from New York & Company’s new collection. I love shopping there for tops because they always keep up with the newest styles at affordable prices.
3) Uncoordinated colors – This is another one of my favorite spring and summer trends. Who says you have to match perfectly to look fashionable? I’m loving all the bright-colored sandals and flats for this season. Don’t be afraid to pair them with a completely different color shirt or pair of pants. I love the wedges below by Madden Girl – I just wish I could wear them! No wedges allowed with my foot. 😦
4) Cross-body and messenger bags – I will need to get on this trend and buy myself one of these bags. I think I have major back and shoulder problems from the huge over-stuffed bag I carry. Maybe I should just carry less… The strap for these bags cross all the way over your body, adding much-needed comfort and support. I like the Coach bag below, but I feel like it’s a little small for me. Perhaps I can use it for traveling. Any suggestions of what type or brand to get?
5) Blazers and trenches – I’m really loving this trend. Blazer’s are now coming in all different styles, shapes, and sizes. They are much more versatile, and can be paired with work clothes as well as normal clothes. I personally like wearing a blazer with skinny jeans and some cute shoes. As for trench coats, what can I say they are always in. I have quite a collection of Spring/Summer jackets… Here’s a blazer from LOFT. I clearly have an obsession with that store. I love the color of the blazer below – it’s taupe, but with a purple tint.